Brainspotting Phase One through the Perinatal Lens
Five Day Schedule 21 Hours CEs*
Trainer: Jana Glass, LPC, PMH-C
Brainspotting is a brain-based therapy based on the hypothesis that specific eye positions designated as “brainspots” activate and access specific areas of the midbrain that allow for the reprocessing and releasing of core neurophysiological reactions to trauma-related and other psychological experiences.
In addition, brainspotting is built on a model that emphasizes therapist-client presence and attunement in the healing process. As an open and integrative model, brainspotting is adaptable to many different areas of specialization and can be integrated with other treatment models.
In this 5-day introductory Brainspotting training, participants will learn four basic brainspotting techniques. In addition, participants will receive an overview of the:
- standards of care and professional practice for brainspotting practitioners
- research that supports the primary assumptions of brainspotting
- Exposure to practices helpful with the perinatal population
Through lecture, live demonstration and small group practice, participants will learn to do the following:
- Define the components of Brainspotting
- Utilize the techniques of “Inside window”, “Outside window” and “Gazespotting” and “Body Resource” Brainspotting
- Define how Brainspotting can be applied to Trauma, Sports Performance Problems, Dissociation and Somatic conditions
- Demonstrate the theory and practice of Brainspotting
Who can take Brainspotting?
This training is available to all mental health counselors, social workers, psychologists, addiction counselors and others in the healing and birth professions with strong clinical backgrounds, as well as students and interns.
Dates and Times:
US Eastern Time Zone/ Ontario and Quebec Provinces Canada
Rates: We believe in AID (Access, Inclusion, and Diversity) If you or your organization have any barriers to attending this training and would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Registration rate is $795.00
Professionals working with Marginalized Communities $595
CONTINUING EDUCATION is offered, You must be present for the entire live training to be eligible for CEs.
*Continuing Education approved by ASWB, NBCC, PSI (postpartum support international) and CEs are offered through the University of Georgia School of Social Work approved by the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists for 21 hours of Core Continuing Education Hours