This Two Day Advanced Training is open to all professionals whose primary interest is to deepen their understanding of trauma in the Perinatal period. Additionally, this training is for those who want to increase knowledge of the effect of trauma on Birthgivers and Families. An important reason to take this dynamic and creative training is it will incorporate artistic expression elements that are invaluable to working in this area of the field. A final compelling reason to join us is to interact and learn from trauma survivors who will share stories and what factors make the difference in healing.
The Dates will be Wednesday May 12 and Thursday May 13, 2021 from 8:30am to 5:30pm Eastern USA Time.
Day 1 Focus:
- Recognizing and thoroughly assessing trauma
- Identifying common threads and themes
- Knowing risk factors and populations at increased risk for perinatal trauma
- Best practices to mitigate trauma effects
- Deep dive in to the Core principles of Brainspotting and how to use these tools to help your client in the healing process.
Day 2 is for Professionals who have completed the prerequisite training of Phase 1 Brainspotting Training and Phase 2 training is preferred.
Day 2 Focus:
- Evaluating when to use Brainspotting with Perinatal clients
- How to integrate Brainspotting in to your practice
- Which Phase training set ups are helpful to the population
- Learning the new set up “Connecting the Rainbow” through demonstration and dyad practicum
- This all new set up is applicable across various populations and will be introduced through the perinatal lens.